Ending up in the middle of the road with a flat tire is a dreaded situation, and so is having to spend half of your precious leisure time pumping and inflating your air mattresses and inflatable toys when you go camping or to the beach.
With a good quality cordless tire inflator, you can handle each of these tasks, and more without the need for any complicated setup, without the need of a power source, and even when you are entirely off the grid.
These battery-powered air compressors are incredibly handy for vehicle tire inflation, as well as for inflating all kinds of toys and sports goods, bike, bicycle, and other tires on-the-go, with minimal effort, and no need of an external power source.
Here are the top best cordless tire inflators you can buy in 2020.
The DeWalt 20 Volt Max Inflator is the best cordless tire inflator for 2020 because of its reliability, its high volume inflation, as well as the fact that you can use it in cordless mode, but also plugged in an AC power outlet, or a car cigarette lighter 12V DC power outlet.
It is versatile, robust, and still is portable and easy to use.
It has built-in on-board storage for all the accessories you will need to handle a flat tire, and also has a built-in LED light which will ensure that you see what you are doing and other drivers will see you if you if you happen to get stuck in the middle of the night on the road.
- High pressure and volume inflation and deflation
- Max PSI is 160
- An auto shut off to protect your tires, and save battery power
- It can inflate 6 car tires and up to 4 truck tires per charge
- Inflates a car tire in up to 4 minutes, and a truck tire in up to 8.15 minutes
- Bright built-in LED light for nighttime use
- Three options for power sources – a 20V MAX Li-Ion battery, 110V AC and 12V DC for versatility
- The battery is compatible with that used for most power tools by DeWalt
- On-board storage for all accessories
- An ergonomic handle for easy portability
- Secure and sturdy threaded chuck
- Two digital displays for the current pressure and the desired air pressure
- A size of 10.5 x 7.7 x 2.2 inches, and a weight of 2.94 lbs.
- Suitable for inflating and deflating, tires, mattresses, sports balls, and others
- Heavy-duty rubber feet to keep the unit in place during use or transportation
- It is sold as a bare tool, so you will need to buy a battery, charger, and AC power cord, if you don’t own them already
This small-sized device can top off a car tire in less than a minute and a tire truck in less than four minutes.
It has a powerful motor and a pump with a 120 PSI capability.
The M12 Compact Inflator Kit has an auto shut off and a true fill technology which both help provide accurate inflation, protect your tires from overfilling, and the unit itself from overheating.
- This is the fastest cordless tire inflator capable of topping off a car tire in less than 1 minute, and a truck tire in less than 4 min.
- The unit is only 8 x 11 x 9 inches and weighs 5 lbs.
- The Truefill feature allows for precise inflation
- The Auto shut-off function will prevent overinflating and damaging the tire, as well as the overheating of the inflator
- Delivers over 120 PSI
- A large backlit LCD digital display with the current and target pressure readings
- It is very easy to set and use, and offers superb accuracy when it comes to inflating
- Anti-vibration feet to keep the inflator in place during operation
- A durable 26-inch hose with a Brass Schrader chuck
- It comes with a 12V 4.0 Redlithium XC Lithium-Ion battery, as well as a charger
- There is no option to plug the inflator in a DC car lighter plug or an AC power outlet
Best budget-friendly option
If you want a useful cordless tire inflator, but don’t want to spend a ton of money on one, then we suggest that you opt for the Ryobi P373 inflator.
This budget-friendly cordless tire inflator is powered by a ONE+ battery, which is used for most other cordless tools by Ryobi.
It is very compact so that you can keep it in your car or truck at all times, and you can even strap it to your bicycle, in case you need it when on the road, when camping, or for any other needs.
- It is very compact, with a size of 9 x 2.86 x 6.4 inches, and a weight if 1.6 lbs. only
- The tool is powered by the universal 18V ONE+ Ryobi battery, so if you have other Ryobi cordless tools you most likely already have a battery and charger for it
- The unit has an ergonomic piston handle for carrying and easy use
- The inflator is sold at a very affordable price for the value offered
- It comes with two high-pressure nozzles and a needle for balls and other sports equipment
- There is a built-in 2-inch pressure gauge on the body of the inflator
- It has a 20-inch hose
- 0-150 PSI
- There is on-board storage for all of the nozzles and accessories
- The battery or charger are not included in the price
The rest of the best cordless tire inflators for 2020
This is another compact and portable cordless tire inflator which you can easily carry in your car or bike, and have it handy when in need of topping off a tire, or sports equipment.
The Avid Power 20V cordless tire inflator has a range of 0-100 PSI and is suitable for car tires, inflatable boats, sports equipment, and others. It is not useful for large truck tires.
The reasonably priced cordless tire inflator comes with a 1.5 Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery, and a charger. Plus, it also comes with a nifty 12V car power adaptor, so you can use it even when the battery is not charged.
- It is sold with a complete kit, including a rechargeable battery, a charger, a 12V car power adaptor, a carry bag, and all the nozzles and needles you need to use it
- It can inflate up to 4 car tires per battery charge
- It tops off a car tire in about 3 minutes
- One of the best deals on the market for 2020
- It works with a 20V MAX Li-Ion battery or 12V DC power
- The tool has a useful digital display gauge which also has a battery status indicator
- There is a USB output on the unit
- 0-100 PSI
- Very accurate pressure settings of +-1 PSI
- Auto shut-off function when the desired pressure is reached
- It has an integrated bright LED light for use in dark conditions
- It is very compact and can be carried around easily, and used in tight spaces
- It is not suitable for large truck tires
If you are shopping for a versatile and powerful cordless air compressor for nailing, cabinet or trimming jobs, which can also double as a tire inflator, then the DeWalt Flexvolt 60V Max 2.5 gallon air compressor could be the best option for you.
This multifunctional tool can handle any jobs requiring the use of compressed air smoothly and easily.
The 2.5-gallon air compressor is made in the USA, of premium quality materials.
- It is lightweight and convenient, one of the best cordless air compressors money can buy in 2020
- A brushless motor and an oil-free pump for durability and power
- A long-running Flexvolt 60V MAX battery
- 5 gallon compressed air – 5 air fills per charge and no leakage
- Maximum pressure of 135 PSI
- A capacity of up to 1,220 nails per charge
- Easy to use control dials
- Protected by a durable roll bar cage
- Quiet operation of 79 dB
- The unit is 15 x 12 x 18 inches, and a weight of 21.5 lbs.
- It comes with a Flexvolt Lithium-Ion battery and a fast charger
- Offered with a 3-year warranty, and a 90-day money-back guarantee
- There is no AC power option for continuous use
If you prefer the lightness and comfort of using a handheld cordless tire inflator, then the Oasser Air Compressor is one of the best options we could find on the market for 2020.
This company and yet efficient batty-powered tire inflator can be used for car, bike, bicycle tires, as well as for all types of balls, mattresses, and inflatable toys.
The affordable cordless tire inflator comes with all the accessories you will need to start using it out of the box.
Its ergonomic pistol shape and the built-in LED light, make it one of the easiest to use in all kinds of conditions.
- A compact, ergonomic, pistol-style tire inflator
- Comes with a rechargeable 2200 mAh li-ion battery which can inflate 4 average-sized car tires per charge
- Suitable for inflating tires of small and medium-sized SUV’s and cars, motorcycles, bikes, inflatable sports goods and toys
- It also comes with a 12V charging base, 2 air hoses (13.78 and 4.72 inches), quick coupling, a storage bag, and tooling gloves
- Built-in LED spotlight on the front
- There is a digital gauge to monitor the pressure and to easily set the desired one
- You can choose between PSI, BAR and kg/cub.cm
- Maximum pressure is 130 PSI
- The size of the inflator is 10.4 x 3.5 x 3.1 inches, and it weighs 2.76lbs.
- Not suitable for large truck tires
The Craftsman 19.2V cordless tire inflator is another ergonomic tool that you can easily carry in your car for emergencies, and outdoor adventures when you need to inflate toys, balls, mattresses, and others.
It has a convenient flexible hose and is handheld and small so that you can use it at any angle, even in the tightest space.
This is a useful and reasonably priced battery-powered tire inflator that is easy to store, carry, and use.
- It is powered by a 19.2V li-ion rechargeable battery (the battery and charger are not included)
- You can inflate two tires per charge
- Flexible hose, for easy reach from any angle
- It is 3.2 x 7.7 x 11.8 inches in size and weighs 3.1 lbs.
- A max of 200 PSI of compressed air
- Handheld ergonomic design
- It comes with 3 nozzles and chucks
- There is a backlit display to set the pressure
- An auto shut off will turn the tool off when the desired pressure is reached
- It is offered as a bare tool, without the battery or charger for it
Don’t let the “mini” size of this handheld cordless tire inflator fool you. This reasonably priced pump is powered by a built-in rechargeable Li-Ion battery, but can also be plugged into the car lighter plug or an AC power outlet via the included adaptor.
This means that you can use it at home, outdoors, on or off the grid.
It is compact and can easily be stored in any car or on a bike.
It also has bright LED lighting for emergencies and comes with all accessories you will need to start using it straight away.
- Built-in 2000 mAh 12V li-Ion battery which is rechargeable
- Also comes with an AC DC adapter so that you can plug it in your car or in a power outlet
- There is a useful pressure gauge which is backlit for easy viewing
- It comes with a variety of nozzles and adaptors, as well as a hose, needles and valve caps for tires and inflatables
- The unit has a built-in LED flashlight and emergency light with 8 LED beads
- You can preset the tire pressure in any of the optional units – PSI, kg/cub.cm, KPA, or BAR
- Once the desired inflation is reached, the tool with automatically shut itself off
- It also has built-in low voltage protection to save battery
- A maximum inflatable pressure of 120 PSI
- It can fill up to 3 car tires and up to 10 motorcycle tires per charge
- The size of this handheld cordless pump is 9.6 x 2.2 x 2.2 inches, and it weighs only 1.32 lbs.
- It is sold at an affordable price and with a 1-year warranty
- It is not powerful enough to inflate big tire trucks
This top-rated cordless tire inflator comes in a complete kit, including a 20V MAX Li-Ion battery and a charger, at a very good price.
The tool kit is useful and versatile and comes with the adapters, needles, hose, battery, and charger you need, so there is no need to buy additional accessories.
- The kit includes the inflator, a quick-connect hose, valve and inflator adaptors, needles and a 20V Lithium-Ion battery and a charger – all for just over $100
- It has 3 power options
- It is suitable for truck, SUV and car tires, as well as for mattresses, rafts and all other inflatables
- It has a digital pressure gauge which is very accurate
- An auto shut-off will switch the unit off once the set pressure is reached
- There is on-board storage for the accessories
- Offered with a 1-year warranty
- The battery can wear quickly if you need to do a lot of inflating
Features to look for when buying a cordless tire inflator
Buying a tire inflator may look like a simple task, but the truth is, having a reliable cordless tire inflator can save the day, and even save your life in case of emergency on the road in the middle of nowhere.
So, before purchasing a cordless air compressor, you should consider the following essential factors:
Size, portability, and storage
If your plan is to keep your tire inflator in your car or another vehicle for emergencies, then you should choose one which will comfortably fit in your trunk, glove compartment, or other storage space, and which can stay in your vehicle at all times.
Most of the cordless tire inflators on this list are extremely easy and safe to use, thanks to the easy setting of the desired PSI tire pressure and the auto shut off function, which switches the unit off once the pressure level has been reached.
In case of a flat tire in the middle of the road when the weather conditions or the environment is dangerous or unpleasant, the last thing you need is a slow operating tire inflator.
A fast operating air compressor can save you a lot of time and troubles, so check out the speeds of the different pumps before buying the best one for your needs.
Your tire sizes or the types of inflatables you will be using it for
This is one of the most essential features to consider when purchasing a tire inflator. If you have a truck or larger vehicle with large tires, you should opt for an inflator which can handle tires of this size. Keep in mind that the smaller-sized cordless tire inflators often do not have sufficient power to top off large tires.
Battery longevity and alternative power options
If you want a tire inflator which you can rely on, you should pick one which has reliable batteries, and a battery life sufficient to deal with the tasks you expect it to handle per charge.
Some of the best cordless tire inflators offer alternative means of powering, including – using DC power from the car lighter plug or AC power from a power outlet in the garage or anywhere else.
Some have batteries that can last for filling up to 6 or more large tires, so if you want an utterly cordless tool, check out how powerful and durable its batteries are.
Last update on 2020-09-30 at 08:04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API