Are you looking for a primer that will help hydrate and smoothen your dry skin, so that it is ready for your makeup application?
With a good quality primer for dry skin, your skin will be revitalized, moisturized, and will have a healthy and radiant look. Plus, the application of makeup will be easier, and its effect will remain un-smudged and beautiful for longer.
When looking for a primer specifically formulated for dry skin, you should look for a product that will help smooth and hydrate the skin and conceal any flaking and dry patches, as well as other imperfections.
The best primers for dry skin should create a thin, lightweight, protective layer between your face moisturizer and your makeup.
Some of the best moisturizers for dry skin contain essential oils, vitamins, hyaluronic acid, and antioxidants, which will help hydrate and protect the skin on your face, and leave you looking younger and with a dewy finish when used as a standalone product. If you plan on using the primer as a base for your makeup, it should ensure that applying the makeup is easier and ever, and that it will stay intact and glamorous all day long.
We have chosen the best makeup primers for dry skin for 2020 for you. Read on to find the perfect one for your needs.
One of the best makeup primers for dry skin, the Photo Finish Smooth, and Blur Primer by Smashbox is a premium quality product that can be used alone, under makeup, or touchups.
It includes high-quality ingredients, including vitamins A and E, which will help moisturize your skin, and at the same time, protect it from stress, damage, and pollutants thanks to their antioxidant qualities.
The foundation primer contains hydraplex which will help moisturize even the driest skin, and also has a cooling effect and soothing effect. It can help keep your makeup intact and perfect for longer too.
- Lightweight and oil-free
- Vegan, cruelty-free product
- Suitable for dry and sensitive skin
- Fills pores and fine lines perfectly
- It can be used as a standalone product or as a makeup base
- It is fragrance-free
- It is more expensive than some of the other products on this list
The Dermatologica Hydablur Primer is a professional cosmetic product that will efficiently blur any pores, skin concerns and fine lines on your face.
At the same time, the face primer will provide the intense and lasting moisturization which your skin requires via the H2O Release trademark feature based on Abyssinian Oil.
It is a lightweight and non-greasy primer for dry skin, which offers a special microencapsulated tint release that will cover your skin in the most natural manner to rpepare it for the foundation application and for applying the other makeup products.
One of the best makeup primers can be used over a moisturizer and prior to applying the foundation and makeup for a long-lasting effect.
- A professional recommended primer for dry skin
- great for all skin types including sensitive skin
- Offers all-day-long intense and sustained moisturizing release
- Covers wrinkles, pores, and fine lines
- Non-greasy and lightweight
- No artificial colors, fragrances or parabens
- Leaves a silky finish without any oily shine
- It is on the high-end when it comes to price
If you want a good quality primer for dry skin with a quick and lasting effect, but without having to spend too much for buying one, then you should check out the NYX Professional Makeup Hydra Touch Primer.
The primer of makeup costs just over $12 and is a cosmetics product which is packed with nutrients, and water-based for moisturizing, refreshing and smoothing the skin on your face.
It is made of natural ingredients like ginseng, chamomile, licorice root extract, tremella mushrooms, Centella extract, and other antioxidant boosters and revitalizers.
This is a cruelty –free product by NYX Professional Makeup, which is easy to apply and has an immediate effect, and is one of the best hydrating primers in its range.
- It is easy and quick to apply
- It will add a radiant glow to your skin
- It is light, non-greasy and durable
- It is a budget-friendly primer for dry skin
- It does have a fragrance which is nice but could bother you if you are used to non-fragrant primers and makeup
The e.l.f. Hydrating Primer for dry skin is one of the best bangs for the buck for 2020. It costs less than $7 and is infused with rejuvenating and antioxidant boosting vitamins A, C, and vitamin E, as well as with grape extract for refreshing hydration and a radiant look.
The primer will help smoothen your complexion and keep your skin moisturized throughout the day.
One of the best dry skin primers is an easy to apply, inexpensive, cruelty-free vegan product.
- Excellent makeup primer offered at a very affordable price
- Lightweight, non-greasy
- Easy to apply
- Infused with vitamins
- Will smooth and illuminate your skin while keeping it moisturized
- Vegan, cruelty-free
- Users complain that the pump bottle contains very little primer which is hard to get out
This best primer for make-up by Bare Minerals has been specifically formulated for dry and flaky skin.
The high-quality primer will help moisturize the skin and smooth it perfectly as a canvas for you to apply your makeup on.
The premium primer for dry skin contains coconut alkanes, hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and minerals, which will hydrate, rejuvenate, and add some pearly shine to your skin.
The best hydrating primer is oil-free, paraben, sulfate, and fragrance-free and also has a soothing and calming effect on the skin. Plus, it will cover your fine lines and pores perfectly every time.
- An almost weightless feel
- Made for very dry and flaky skin
- Helps reduce any dry spots
- Adds a delicate pearly glow
- Covers pores and small wrinkles
- Has a soothing effect on the skin
- None found so far
The Becca First Light Primer is an excellent primer for those of you who have dry skin with imperfections on it.
It is a high-quality primer made of hydrating sodium hyaluronate and prickly pear and added ginger for revitalizing the skin.
One of the best primers for dry skin will not only help hydrate your dry skin but will cover up all the small imperfections and will leave your skin smooth-toned and with a beautifully natural and healthy finish.
- Feather-light texture
- Allows for achieving a soft-focus gleam and conceal any dullness
- It is perfect for dry skin with small lines, pores or other imperfections
- It revitalizes and smoothens the skin
- You can use it alone for a rejuvenating effect as well as under your makeup
- It re-energizes the skin
- Some users may find it too watery
This face lotion and best primer dry skin by Olay is a perfect cosmetics product to moisturize dry skin as well as protect it from the UV sun rays.
It contains sunblock protective ingredients, as well as antioxidants, which will rejuvenate your skin and make you look years younger.
The Olay Sun SPF 35 lotion and primer is a lightweight product that will leave no greasy after-effect and feeling. It is fragrance-free and is an excellent first step in your skincare and makeup regimen.
- A combination between a lotion, primer, and sunblock
- SolarSheer technology for SPF 35 protection
- Contains vitamins B3 and E which are antioxidants and moisturizers
- It helps blend and mattify the skin tone
- Excellent for moisturizing dry skin
- Offers broad-spectrum protection of the skin
- Helps keep the makeup on and smudge-free all day long
- No oil, fragrance or greasy look
- The hydrating face primer still needs to be applied over a moisturizer for a long-lasting moisturizing effect
The award-winning In Your Prime Hydrating Primer by Flower Beauty is another one of the best primers dry skin.
The moisturizing primer is lightweight, quick-absorbing, and hydrates the skin thoroughly but without a greasy residue and shine.
This primer was created by Drew Barrymore, who has been focused on creating high quality, empowering cosmetics for women at an affordable price.
The primer is an excellent way to get your face ready for makeup application and will ensure that the skin of your face stays soft and moisturized while prolonging the lasting effect of your makeup.
- It is absorbed very quickly by the skin
- Creates a natural barrier to keep the skin soft and protected
- Helps prolong the looks of your makeup
- Easy to apply
- Some ladies have found that the product works better as a moisturizer rather than as a primer
Last update on 2020-07-04 at 18:34 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API