For most people, a garage serves as space where they carry out an activity they want to undertake privately — maybe an office space, an artist’s den or even a jamming area, the list is endless. Hence, it becomes extremely important to keep the garage clean and vacuumed at all times. Granted, cleaning a garage can easily be a nightmare if you don’t have the right tools to do it. If the garage is your workspace, it’s bound to get all messed up and in need of deep cleaning often.
This is where a garage vacuum comes into the picture. A garage vacuum is the best way to ensure that your space is groomed properly for you to be able to carry on with your work as usual. It is a fast and efficient way ensuring that your garage is always spic and span. If you are looking for a garage vacuum, chances are you have already started your research and are confused about the multiple options available in the market. It can be overwhelming to decide which garage vacuum is the best for you. You need to factor in a lot of things before deciding which one to buy.
Garage vacuums are of different types — wall mounted, hand held and rolling. We’ll explain the different types of garage vacuums later in the buyer’s guide section. The most efficient and easy-to-handle garage vacuum is a wall-mounted one. Let’s take a look at the best garage vacuums available in the market right now.
Top 5 Garage Vacuums
With the number of options available in the market, it is not an easy task to decide which garage vacuum to buy. There are a lot of important aspects that need to be taken into consideration before taking a final call, most importantly, your requirements.
To make it easier for you, we have compiled a list of the best garage vacuums based on their features along with a buying guide that will tell you everything you need to know about buying garage vacuums.
Let’s take a look at the top 5 garage vacuums.
- Best Overall Garage Vacuum — VacuMaid GV50PRO Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum — This VacuMaid garage vacuum also works as a car vacuum. It is a wall-mounted garage vacuum which means it takes limited space and is extremely efficient. It comes with 50-foot hose and versatile tools to complete the package. With a 7-gallon dirt capacity, this is the best overall garage vacuum.
- Best Wet/Dry Garage Vacuum — Bissell Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet Dry Car Vacuum/Blower — This Bissell garage vacuum cleaner is a 12amp wet/dry vacuum that scoops up all dry and wet dirt in your garage as well as in your car. With a Helix cleaning system, it converts into a blower as well and easily picks up wet and dry debris. It has an LED light that turns on to indicate that the dirtbag is full.
- Best Portable Garage Vacuum — Red Garagevac Garage Vacuum wall Mounted Vacuum — This is a highly compact model that does not take up a lot of space at all and can be wall mounted. It is small in size and thin in its breadth which makes it fit anywhere. It comes with a 40-foot hose that has the capability of compressing to a mere 8 feet which again saves on space and makes this best portable garage vacuum.
- Best Professional Garage Vacuum — EyeVac PRO Touchless Stationary Vacuum — 1400 Watts Professional Vacuum — This is an ideal vacuum for people who are looking for high efficiency and need a professional vacuum cleaner for their garage that also serves as their office space. It has a high-quality filtration and is fitted with active infrared sensors. The vacuum can pick up dirt, pet hair, soil and other debris from all kinds of floors.
- Best Budget Garage Vacuum — Stanley Wet/Dry Vacuum, 6 Gallon, 4 Horsepower — If you are looking for a cheap solution from a trusted brand, the Stanley Wet/Dry Vacuum should be high on your list. It comes with 6-gallon capacity and has excellent suction power for heavy-duty debris as well. With a maximum horsepower of 4, it can also convert into a power blower in no time.
Best Overall Garage Vacuum
This is easily the best overall garage vacuum available in the market. With powerful specs, it stands out in all forms. The VacuMaid GV50PRO is a wall-mounted garage vacuum that is easy to handle and store and takes very little space. It has a mighty 15-amp motor that makes it very forceful and results in high performance. It comes with a long 50-foot hose and all additional tools like a hangar, caddy, wands, upholstery tools and a dusting brush as well. The 50-foot long hose ensures that the vacuum can reach all corners of your garage and can even service your car easily. It is equipped with a sealed HEPA-styled bag which means you don’t need to clean any filters to empty messy dirtbags.
- 15-amp 740 Max Air Watts motor
- 50-foot long hose
- Sealed HEPA-style bag
- 7-gallon dirt capacity
- The package includes upholstery tools, dusting brush, caddy, hangar and wands
- Made of galvanized steel
- A very powerful 15-amp motor that gives it superior efficiency
- A long 50-foot hose that ensures that all parts of the garage are vacuumed and can even reach your car
- There are no filters to clean or bags to empty
- It’s easy to fix on the wall and does not need any plumbing
- A little expensive as compared to other models
Best Wet/Dry Garage Vacuum
This is one of the few garage vacuums that are wall mounted and can deal with both wet and dry debris. The Bissell Garage Pro is equipped to clean all kinds of debris to make your life easier and your garage clean in no time. It works as well on car floors as it does on garage floors. Fitted with a Helix cleaning system, the vacuum easily converts into a power blower as well. With a 2-stage filtration system, it has a 4-gallon semi-translucent dirt tank. It comes with a 32-foot hose that might turn out to be shorter than usual.
- 12-amp motor
- 32-foot long hose
- Picks up both wet and dry debris
- 4-gallon semi-translucent dirt tank
- 2-stage filtration
- Helix system
- Can convert into a blower from a vacuum
- Wall mounted
- Cleans both wet and dry dirt despite being wall mounted
- Has an LED indicator that lets you know when the wet tank is full
- Can convert into a blower for better cleaning
- 2-stage filtration helps in keeping the waste separate
- The 32-foot hose can feel short for car vacuum and a large garage
Best Portable Garage Vacuum
This is the perfect garage vacuum for people who have cramped garages and the last thing they want to make space for is a vacuum cleaner. Its odd vertical shape gives it the advantage of hardly taking up any space. It can be put up in any tight space, especially because of its 40-foot long hose which compresses into a mere 8 feet when the work is done. It’s extremely lightweight which makes it easily portable. This means that you can also clean your car using this. It holds up to 1 gallon of dirt and debris.
- 12-amp 120V motor
- 40-foot hose that compresses to 8 feet
- One gallon dirt capacity
- Comes with a non-corrosive adjustable one-piece wand, upholstery brush, crevice tool, bare floor tool and elongated dust brush which are stored inside the unit
- HEPA-filtration system
- 6-years warranty
- Extremely low maintenance in terms of space
- The HEPA filtration ensures that the dust particles are trapped inside
- Easily portable due to lesser weight
- A long six-year warranty that gives you the peace of mind
- 40-foot hose shrinks to 8 feet for easy storage
- Only one-gallon dirt capacity
Best Professional Garage Vacuum
This EyeVac vacuum is ideal for all commercial spaces including shops and garages. It can clean kitchens as well and does find usage in hospitality places. The cleaning system of this model can easily pick up debris like pet hair, soil, and dust from marble, nylon and wooden floors. With a powerful 1400-watt motor, it is inbuilt with a high-efficiency filter that makes cleaning extremely easy and quick.
- 1400-watt motor
- Can remove pet hair, soil, dust
- Works on marble, nylon and wooden flooring
- 4.8 litres of bagless canister
- Weighs about 21 pounds
- Red LED light indicates when it’s time to empty the bag
- An automatic professional vacuum that does not need touching
- An extremely powerful motor at 1400 watts with 100% suction efficiency
- Touchless action which means you don’t have to touch the debris or the vacuum to operate it
- Easy to use with the LED indicator telling you when to empty the dirt canister
- Large capacity of the dirt collection
- The inbuilt high-efficiency filter ensures quicker and easier cleaning
- A little noisy due to the heavy motor
Best Budget Garage Vacuum
If you are looking for a heavy-duty vacuum that doesn’t burn a hole in your wallet and delivers high performance, the Stanley Wet/Dry Vacuum is the perfect deal for you. With an ultra-high capacity of 6 gallons, this model picks up both wet and dry debris which means you can easily work on multiple projects without worrying about the mess they might create. Its rear blower port also enables it to convert into a power blower in no time. There’s a built-in 10-foot power cord with a wrap. Weighing only 13 pounds, it’s very light and easily portable.
- 6-gallons dirt capacity
- Picks up both wet and dry debris
- Airflow capacity of 75 cubic ft/minute
- Converts vacuum to power blower through the rear blower port
- Components included in the package include a hose, extension wands, crevice nozzle, gulper nozzle, floor nozzle, reusable dry filter with clamp ring, foam filter and a disposable filter bag
- 4 horsepower
- A powerful heavy-duty vacuum
- Allows you to clean both wet and dry debris
- Extremely lightweight and easily portable
- Can be easily converted into a blower
- A high capacity of dirt collection which means no frequent emptying of the dirt bag
- The 10-foot power cord is too short if you have a large area to cover
Types of Garage Vacuums
On your search for the best garage vacuums, you are bound to come across different types of garage vacuums. Typically, there are three types:
Wall-Mounted Garage Vacuum
As the title suggests, these are meant to be fixed on a wall and are highly efficient in their operations. Wall-mounted garage vacuums can be pricier than the other categories due to the features they come packed with. They usually have a long hose and a powerful motor.
Rolling Garage Vacuum
With larger dirt capacity tanks, these are more portable and are heavy duty. They are meant to handle more difficult debris and most models can pick up both wet and dry debris.
Hand-held Garage Vacuum
The most affordable of the lot, these are small equipment that are meant to be very portable and budget friendly. Smaller in size means that their dirt capacity is lower than the others and the filter has to be emptied more frequently.
Factors to Consider before Buying a Garage Vacuum
When you are searching for the best garage vacuum, you are essentially looking for the perfect model that makes your life easier. The vacuum has to be easy to handle and use along with being portable. There are multiple factors you need to consider before deciding which garage vacuum is the best for you, including the features of the equipment and whether they match your requirements.
To make your task easier, we have made a list of things you need to remember while on your hunt for the perfect garage vacuum and making your garage the perfect den.
This largely depends on the frequency of usage of your garage vacuum, and in turn, the purpose of use of your garage. If you are doing a project in your garage that creates a lot of waste and needs to be frequently cleaned, you need a garage vacuum that has a large dirt capacity so that you don’t have to rush to empty it after every session. If you don’t expect to do a lot of cleaning and do it infrequently, then a cheaper, small capacity garage vacuums will suit you better.
Length and Quality of the Hose
The length of the hose is another critical factor to consider while deciding on the perfect garage vacuum. If you have to cover a larger area and are also planning to clean your car alongside, you need a vacuum with a longer hose that can operate much farther away from its power unit. A crush-resistant hose ensures that the vacuum is durable and does not give way under the power of the vacuum itself.
One of the most important things to look for in a garage vacuum is the quality of the filtration system that it is equipped with. A good filtration system works to keep the dust and dirt out of the air and trapped inside the vacuum once it has been sucked inside. Most new garage vacuums are now coming equipped with HEPA filters which work the best to keep the debris inside and the outside air clean. The life cycle of the filters also needs to be taken into consideration.
Buying a garage vacuum is not an easy task, especially with the plethora of options that are available in the market. There are a lot of good brands out there that have come up with distinct products, however, you need to consider every factor critically if you want to buy the best garage vacuum for your needs. The above list should make your search easier, empowering you with the knowledge of the best in the industry as well as the most important factors to consider before buying a garage vacuum. Take an informed decision after carefully measuring the features against your requirements.
Last update on 2020-09-20 at 04:04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API