If you are a camper, hiker, backpacker, mountaineer, hunter, or survivalist who does not want to let snow, storm, and cold weather stop you from enjoying your outdoor adventures, then it is essential that you invest in a good quality, reliable 4-season tent.
The best cold weather tents are designed and built for reliable weather resistance, including water, snow, and wind-resistance.
Also, the tents for winter camping are made to be easy to set up even in extreme weather conditions and to keep you safe and well.
With a good quality 4-season tent, you will be able to enjoy spending time in the wilderness, no matter the weather and month of the year, comfortably and safely.
Here are the best cold weather tents for 2020.
This is a classic and compact first-class alpine mountaineering winter tent for two, which is suitable for use in 4 seasons. It packs into a compact size and weighs only 5 lbs. 1-oz when packed so you can easily carry it with you even on the most difficult trails and climbs.
- 2-person tent but 5 inches longer and 3 inches wider than the classic I-Tent from the Bibler winter tents series
- Made of ToddTex fabric
- It has two interior poles which are easy to set up and made of lightweight aluminum
- It is an all-year-round tent winter, suitable for the coldest and warmest weather
- It is windproof, rain and snow proof, and can be used in extreme conditions
- The tent for cold weather has a single-door entry
- There is an optional vestibule for shoes, gear, and storage options
- It has two zippered vents on the peak
- There is a vent on the bottom and a hooded vent above the door for better air circulation
- One of the best winterized tents comes with an optional ground cloth
- The size when packed is 7 x 19 inches, and it weighs 4.4 lbs.
- The floor space inside the winter tent is 30.8 square feet
- The overall size, when set up, is 87 x 51 x 51 x 43 inches
- Made by one of the leading brands in the winter tents industry – Black Diamond
The Flying Diamond tent by Big Agnes is a premium quality, large-sized family tent which can also be used as a basecamp or other needs. The tent for winter camping is exceptionally spacious and is a piece of camping gear which will withstand wind, rain, and snow. It has a large interior with a sufficient headspace to move around comfortably.
- One of the best all-season cold weather tents which sleeps 6 people
- It can be divided into two rooms with a removable fabric wall
- The tent can be used for recreational camping or as a basecamp
- It has 2 doors and 2 vestibules for each of the sleeping rooms
- Each of the doors has a mesh zippered closure, as well as a zip-up polyester one for complete protection in winter conditions
- The vestibules can be staked out with trekking poles for added shade and ventilation
- The vestibule zippers have storm flaps
- All webbing and buckles are color-coded for fast and easy setup
- It has 6 fly vents for a good air flow
- Hook and loop tabs to connect the nylon fly to the frame for a more stable pitch and wind resistance
- It has guy lines with tensioners attached to the tent fly for easy pitching
- All of the guy lines and webbing are reflective for easy viewing in dark conditions
- The zippers are strong and have easy-grip pulls for use with gloves
- The seams are taped with polyurethane tape for waterproofing (it is VOC, PVC, and solvent-free)
- The tent attaches to the pole frame via sleeves and plastic clips
- The frame consists of 6 DAC aluminum poles
- The tent is made of polyester and polyester mesh, and the added floor and rainfly are polyester too
- There are a total of 20 aluminum hook stakes and 16 mesh pockets inside for storage, lighting and other needs
- One of the best camping tents has a packed size of 9.5 x 13 x 23 inches, and a minimum trail weight of 18 lbs. 11 0z.
- The total sleeping bag tent area is 92 square feet, and the vestibules are 26+6 feet
- It has a peak height of 67 inches
- The footprint is 150 x 96/84 inches
The Tasmanian 2-person tent by ALPS Mountaineering is offered at a reasonable price tag and can handle heavy snow very well. It is one of the best bangs for your buck if you need a reliable and easy to set up cold weather tent, and among the least expensive mountaineering tents on the market..
- One of the best budget-friendly cold weather tents on the market
- Suitable for camping, backpacking or mountaineering
- A mountaineering tent which can withstand wind, snow, and shine
- It sleeps two people
- A freestanding design and easy assembly with quick snap poles above the tent
- The frame is made of two sets of hubbed aluminum poles and a weatherproof shock cord
- The poles have a 9mm diameter and are made of 700 series aluminum
- It comes with a removable 75D polyester rainfly which can resist UV light damage and prevent rain and snow from entering the vents
- The 75D polyester floor has a 5000mm PU coating
- The fly and floor seams are sealed for waterproofness and all-season protection
- Two doors with two vestibules for storing mountain hardwear and gear and zippered mesh windows in between for extra ventilation
- Extra-large zippers on the doors and on the vestibules for easy opening and closing
- The tent comes with aluminum poles, guy ropes, a gear loft, repair swatches and bags for the tent, the stakes and the poles
- The packed size of the tent is 6.5 x 19 inches, and it weighs 7 lbs.
- The sleeping floor area is 34.5 square feet and the vestibules are 13 square feet
- The tent has a peak height of 46 inches
Russian-Bear Hot Tent Wood Burning Stove – Yurt Tents with Stoves Pipe Vent Hole Jack for All 4 Season Arctic Expedition
The Russian Bear Hot Tent with Wood Burning Stove is a cold-weather tent like no other on the market.
The high quality warmest tent sleeps 8 people and is perfect for camping, hunting, fishing, family trips, and for glamping in the winter.
The pro-range all weather camping tent is the best one for complete comfort and the best camping experience in sub-freezing conditions and strong winds.
- A two-wall, double layer dome tent which offers excellent insulation
- The outer layer is made of Oxford 300D PU 4000 fabric
- The inner layer is made of Oxford 210D PU 2000 fabric
- The floor has 3 layers for added insulation and resistance to freezing temperatures
- The frame is made of aviation aluminum and steel
- A 4-season tent
- The tent is designed and sold with a stainless steel wood stove, and a chimney with a stainless steel ring and pipe hole insert to keep it away from the tent
- The stove can be used for heating and for cooking
- It sleeps up to 8 people
- It offers instant setup even in extreme conditions thanks to its dome-shaped frame and umbrella-like design
- There are two large door openings with three-layer doors
- There is also a removable hinged door option
- The two solid windows have 5 layers
- There are mosquito nets on all windows
- The seams are taped and sealed
- It comes with an awning, a ground flap, and a storage space gear loft
- Great for camping as well as ice fishing and hunting
- The tent has a fire-retardant fabric which is resistant to temperatures up to 1200 degrees
Last update on 2020-08-05 at 10:44 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API