General Facts and Figures
- Full name: Catherine Merri Pavlich
- Net Worth: $2 Million
- Occupation: Journalist, Autor, Blogger, Commentator, Podcaster
- Birthday: July 10, 1988
- Birthplace: Arizona, United States
- Birth Sign: Cancer
- Marital status: Married
Katie Pavlich is an American journalist and blogger who is well known for her work on the Fox News channel. She began working for the network shortly after graduating from college, and she has reported on a number of sensitive and controversial issues since then. She has also written a book criticizing the Obama administration called Fast and Furious: Barack Obama’s Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Coverup.
Getting Her Start
Catherine Merri Pavlich was born on July 10, 1988, in Flagstaff, Arizona. Her father was a teacher, and her family is of Croatian, Australian, Irish, and German descent. She graduated from Sinagua High School in Flagstaff, then attended the University of Arizona, where she received a bachelor of arts degree in broadcast journalism in 2010. She went to work for Fox News shortly thereafter, and she is now the news editor for both The Hill and www.townhall.com.
In her spare time, Pavlich loves rafting, hunting, shooting practice, and spending time with her dog, Gadsden. She is 5’ 4” and weighs roughly 140 pounds. She also loves sports, playing basketball and volleyball while she was in high school. Because she was raised in the mountainous area of northern Arizona, she loves the outdoors. She is also a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Starting Her Career
After she graduated, Pavlich moved to Washington, D.C., and soon afterward became the news editor for townhall.com, as well as a contributing editor for Townhall magazine and a contributor for Fox News. In the summer of 2013, she became an alternative co-host on Fox News’ The Five, which is a panel talk show. In addition to Fox News, Pavlich has also appeared as a guest on various other news channels, including CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, and Fox Business.
She is also a Washington Fellow for National Review magazine, and in 2014 she was named the Woman of the Year by the Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute. For that honor, she received the 2013 Conservative Leadership Award.
Not Without Controversy
Like many other conservative commentators, Pavlich has not been without any controversy. Not only have her two books raised some eyebrows, but she also came under attack in March of 2019, when she remarked that America was the first country to end slavery in 150 years and received no credit for it. The topic of discussion at the time was whether or not the United States should make reparations for slavery, and historians, in particular, criticized the comment as being inaccurate.
As a contributing editor for Fox News, Pavlich is known for her no-nonsense stance on various political issues, and her views and positions are very strong and sometimes opinionated. She was very critical of the Obama administration the entire eight years, and it is believed that her opinions have even influenced some laws that were enacted by Congress. This is but one of the many reasons why she has taken the world of journalism by storm in recent years.
Her Personal Life
Pavlich’s personal life is something her fans are curious about, but she has managed to keep it private for many reasons. She is a very attractive woman, often wearing short skirts and high heels for her newscasts. It was reported that she was seeing another blogger by the name of Brandon Darby, but this rumor can be neither confirmed nor denied.
She has also been known to talk about an old boyfriend from time to time, even though no one has been able to figure out who this person is. Some publications have claimed that Pavlich is now married; however, no one knows his name or anything about him.
Some of the many awards Pavlich has received are:
- “Top 30 Under 30” Young Conservative Professionals – Red Alert Politics (2012)
- Blogger of the Year Award – Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) (2013)
- Conservative Leadership Award – Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute (2013)
- Woman of the Year Award – Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute (2014)
In addition to Twitter, Pavlich has more than 140,000 followers on her Instagram account, where she posts photographs of herself regarding both her personal and her professional life. She also has her own website, which enables her fans and followers to get to know her a little better.
A Few More Accolades
A few more of Pavlich’s accomplishments include:
- Report on Operation Protective Edge from Israel (2014)
- A host of the Outdoor Channel’s first documentary, Safe Haven: Gun-Free Zones in America (2015)
- Emcee of the fifth annual Navy SEAL Legacy Foundation Gala in Dallas (2015)
- Travels to China with other journalists where she spoke to students and government officials about the importance of free speech (2017)
- Fill-in host for conservative talk-show host Mark Levin
- National security fellow for the Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Guest co-host for WMAL, Washington, D.C.’s largest morning politics show
- A regular speaker on college campuses throughout the country, most commonly representing Young America’s Foundation (YAF)
Pavlich is so active in her career that she has visited 43 of the 50 states in the United States and four of the seven continents. She is a bright, articulate, well-educated woman whose career is certain to grow as the years go by, so this is obviously not the last that the world will hear of her.