Are you looking for a stretchy band for dancers to buy for your young child? Or maybe you are a dancer yourself and want to exercise with a resistance band to improve your performance?
There is a wide variety of brands and types of stretch bands for dancers on the market in 2020.
Choosing the best one is essential not only for the results but also for the safety of the person who will be using it.
We have tested, reviewed, and picked out the best stretchy bands for dance, ballet, sports, workouts, and rehabilitation for you. Our list consists of products that are made of high quality, safe materials, which provide a secure grip, and which are easy to carry around to practice or competitions. We have also aimed at choosing the best-priced bands and those which come with the information you will need to get the most of their use.
Read on to find out more, about these resistance bands which are essential for warming up, preventing injuries, stretching, improving the flexibility, increasing the strength, improving the coordination and balance, and overall improvement of the performance
The best overall
The bestselling SuperiorBand by SuperiorStretch has been specially designed for ballet and other dancers.
The best stretchy band for dancing is made of Dry Natural Rubber with much less latex than most others, which makes it perfect for dancers who have latex allergies and sensitivities.
The affordable ballet stretching band features a Non-slip texture via a Micro Ridge Technology which will keep you safe and ensure a secure grip during stretching, flexibility, resistance, and other exercises.
It offers extra firm resistance, and 90 inches in circumference, 45 inches when flat, and with a 1.5-inch width.
It comes with free access to useful exercise instructions and videos.
With this band, every dancer will be able to improve their body alignment and posture as they stretch.
- Sold at an inexpensive price
- Available in green or pink color options
- Approved by professional dance teachers
- A secure grip thanks to the Micro-Ridge non-slip texture and technology
- Made of dry natural rubber
- Contains minimum latex
- It comes with a useful mobile app and access to instructional videos for dancers and gymnasts
- You will also receive cool dance stickers with each band
- A weight of 6.4-oz
The PlumBand is another one of the most popular stretchy bands for dance for 2020. It is reasonably priced and comes with a useful booklet with instructions and a convenient travel pouch.
You can buy it in small or regular sizes and in purple, pink, or blue color options, so there is one PlumBand for any child or adult dancer or athlete.
The small size is suitable for children with a height of up to 4’8”, and the regular size is appropriate for people with a height of 4’9” or taller.
With this band, any dancer can improve their split, stretching, flexibility, and strength, and at the same time, stay focused on their posture, and proper technique and posture.
It is an excellent tool for warm-ups before a competition or a performance and is suitable not only for ballet dancers but for contemporary dancers, synchronized swimmers, gymnasts, ice skaters, and others.
You can easily carry it around with you in the included travel bag, as it can be rolled up easily and fit into the drawstring pouch.
- Made of premium quality latex rubber
- Three color options to choose from
- Available in two sizes – small and regular, so it suitable for kids and adults alike
- You will receive a drawstring carry pouch, an illustrated instructional booklet, and a customizable plum logo
- Perfect for all dancers, athletes and for exercising for improving the flexibility, strength, and stretching
- Very light and compact so that you can carry it around easily
The best bang for the buck
This is one of the best deals you can find on the market when shopping for stretchy bands for dance. The set of two high-quality bands costs less than $20 and will help any dancer improve their technique, posture, position, strength, and coordination.
The two bands are made of natural rubber latex, and are lightweight and at the same time very durable and resistant so you can use them at home, in the gym, at ballet practice, or anywhere you decide.
The bands come with a useful booklet with ideas for using them. It will also help improve your skills and get the best results from using the resistance bands.
The stretching bands are offered in pink, purple, or teal color options, and are available in regular and small sizes.
- The set includes two high-quality stretching bands at a very reasonable price
- You will also receive an instructional booklet as well as free access to online resources, videos, and instructions
- They also come with a convenient travel pouch for easy portability
- The bands are made of durable natural rubber latex
- You can get them in regular or small size
- They are available in teal, pink or purple colors
- They are sold in a beautiful gift-ready box
The rest of the best stretch bands for dancers
The EverStretch LITE dance stretch band is designed for exercising splits, flexibility, posture, and technique by attaching it to any door.
The band is made of 150gr cotton with an added 6mm D-ring made of solid metal used to anchor the strap to the door anchor for stability and safety while exercising.
The door anchor is solid but padded with foam, so you won’t damage your doors, no matter how hard you pull the band.
The EverStretch dance band has a length of 9.8 feet and has adjustable loops, so it is suitable for people of all heights and flexibility levels.
- Included in the package is the band, and a padded door anchor with a metal welded D-ring for easy attaching and detaching of the band
- The band is 9.8ft in length
- It has adjustable loops
- Suitable for dancers, martial arts, gymnasts and athletes
- It is sold with a money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty for peace of mind
- You will also receive to the downloadable detailed guide with instructions and training programs
- It is also available in a PRO version with padded loops, a softer webbing, a sturdier anchor, a carry bag, a door sign, and a printed booklet
- It is sold with a money-back satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warranty
The Fit Simplify stretch band for dancers is one of the least expensive of all of the products on this list.
It is made of strong and elastic natural latex. The stretch band has a 90-inch circumference and is 45 inches when flat. Its width is 1.4 inches.
The band is suitable for beginners as well as for advanced dancers.
It is sold with an instructional booklet with illustrations of the exercises, and also comes with a pretty travel bag with drawstrings.
You will also receive access to the online video guides for the product when you buy it.
It is offered with a lifetime warranty and a money-back guarantee.
- One of the most affordable bands for stretching for dancers
- Made of high quality, elastic and durable natural rubber latex
- A length which is suitable for kids and adults of almost all heights
- Ideal for newbies as well as for advanced dancers, gymnasts, and athletes
- Sold with an illustrated exercise guidebook, and with online access to useful instructional videos
- It comes with a lifetime warranty, plus, the manufacturer promises to refund you if you are not happy with your purchase
- Also in the package, you will receive a convenient travel bag for it
The premium quality Flexistretcher has been designed by dancers and made for dancers. It is one of the top preferred stretching and flexibility training tools used by professional dancers around the world.
The band ensures safe elastic resistance and will withstand all kinds of exercises, and wear and tear.
It is sold with a mesh carry bag, and you will also receive a detailed exercise and instructions book featuring the FLX Training Method with over 100 stretches, which was developed by the designer of the Flexistretcher band.
The Flexistretcher is made of high-quality materials, with custom embroidery, custom hardware, rubber loop stoppers, and beautiful instructional packaging.
- A professional stretch band for dancers designed by dancers
- Safe to use anywhere and at anytime
- It is made of high-grade materials
- Sold with a mesh carry bag
- It can be used for performing over 100 of the patented FLX Training method designed by the designer of this band
- It is suitable for people of all ages and heights
This is a superb stretchy band for dance for newbies and aspiring dancers of all types. It is affordable and safe to use by people of all ages and heights from 4’8” up to 5’11”.
It is also suitable for practicing yoga, Pilates, gymnastics, or occupational or physical therapy use.
The band is made of excellent quality materials almost completely free of latex allergens and is designed to be safe to use and durable. It will not cut into the skin, and will not snap, however hard you pull and stretch.
This is yet another ballet stretch band that is sold with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Made of 99.99% latex-free elastic and durable material
- Suitable for children and adults
- It can be used by dancers, gymnasts, athletes or other people who are from 4’8” up to 5’11” tall
- It is perfect for static and for dynamic stretching without the help of another person or the need of a door or other base
- Strengthens the muscles
- Suitable for stretching almost all body parts and for improving your arabesque, scorpion poses, and turnouts
- It is affordable and comes with a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee
The Zenmarkt stretch band is the perfect gift to buy for an aspiring dancer – young or old. It is durable and safe to use. Plus, it is lightweight and portable and comes with a detailed online complete stretching guide eBook.
This high-quality stretch band for dancers can be used by kids and adults alike and comes in four beautiful colors – pink, purple, teal, and blue.
You will also receive a drawstring high-quality travel pouch with it.
This premium ballet stretching pack is one of the most feature-filled sets you can purchase for less than $20 in 2020.
- Offered at a very affordable price
- It comes with a travel bag, a detailed stretching guide e-book and access to online videos
- It can be used anywhere without the need of assistance or a door, chair or other support
- It is light, easy to roll up and carry around with you
- It is suitable for dancers of all ages and heights
- The band is sold in 4 eye-catching color options, including teal, blue, purple and blue
This stretch band for ballet dancers also comes in a perfect package, including everything you need to start using it right out of the box and even some fun extras which all dancers – young and older will appreciate.
The set includes two pouches for the band, as well as a printed stretching guide and access to an online instructional eBook.
- It is available in pink or purple colors
- You can buy it in small and regular sizes
- The band is made of high-quality natural rubber
- It is suitable for ballet, dance, yoga, Pilates, or other arts, sports and workout practice
- You will receive a travel pouch as well as a stylish shiny bag for the band, and a mini loop band as a bonus
- With the band, you will also get a printed guide and will be e-mailed a detailed eBook with exercises and instructions for stretching and use
Why should you use stretchy bands for dance?
Just like with athletes, one of the biggest fears that dancers have is getting injured and needing to take a lot of time off for recovery.
A stretch band for dancers is an inexpensive item, which can easily be carried around and used as a warm-up tool to help prevent a significant percentage and type of injuries associated with ballet, contemporary dancing, gymnastics, and other sports and activities.
Plus, a suitable stretch band can also help assist you for faster and more successful recovery from certain types of injuries that can happen on the dance floor or stage.
A good quality stretch band for ballet can help an aspiring as well as an advanced dancer to improve their foot strength for better jumps and point work.
Also, a resistance training band provides a different type of resistance training than weight lifting, as it does not rely on gravity at all. Instead, it forces the body to practice and to learn functional movements on all planes for resistance. This helps improve performance and also helps reduce the risk of injuries.
Dancers can improve their flexibility, their posture, their coordination, their balance, their strength, and learn the positions and movements much better with the help of a suitable stretch band for dancing.
Of course, safety is the number one feature to keep in mind when choosing, buying and using a stretch band for ballet, martial arts, gymnastics, synchronized swimming, yoga, Pilates, or other sports, exercises, and arts.
This is why you should buy a good quality band, which is made of durable material and provides a safe grip. Also, you should choose one which is the right length for your height and for your flexibility level, because these bands should never be stretched more than 2.5 times their original length.
The most important features to look for when buying a stretch band for dance, include the quality of the material used, the overall resistance of the band, its length and size, its comfort, its ability to be anchored to a wall, or other item for stability, and added features like being easy to transport, having a travel pouch, and coming with an instructional guide, or access to exercise videos and information.
We have considered all of these vital features when we picked the best stretchy bands for dance for 2020 for you.
So, good luck with your purchase, and enjoy watching your progress and the overall improvement of your performance once you start using the resistance band regularly.
Last update on 2020-09-28 at 14:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API